The aftermarket Lego pieces breathed new life into my Senna F1 car model.


I've written about Formula 1 legend Ayrton Senna a lot here on The Drive. I had the chance to watch him race in person and on TV when I was a kid, then my fandom grew later on as his legacy became larger than life following his deadly crash. You might have seen that I snapped up the Lego Speed Champions Ayrton Senna McLaren MP4/4 set when it was announced, and that's what I'm messing with this weekend.
 
After pre-ordering the set, a box arrived in the mail containing what I believe to be one of the coolest Lego sets ever. However, like many things, life got in the way, and I didn't immediately find time to assemble it. It wasn't until my kids' spring break that I finally dedicated a few days to building it. Interestingly, my colleague Adam Ismail also received one and managed to assemble it all in one sitting—an impressive feat, though not surprising given his tendency to overachieve.

                                                                                         ➡️

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post